Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Tag Tuesday - Postcard Cutout

We had another great turn out last week, and I'm glad people are enjoying the challenge. There are all different styles and colors - one person even made a small Tag Book and we  have some new players!

Today we will try something a little bit different!


(click for detail)

Today's challenge is to cut up a postcard in some way. You can make your tag out of the postcard (as I did), or cut up images on the postcard and use on your tag. If you are using a modern day postcard, the image will probably have a slick surface, so think about embellishments if you can't draw on it. Or put two postcards together; just be sure and use a real postcard, not an image of a postcard. Try something new!

I chose a postcard someone had sent me picturing the Humphrey's Art Hall at Ohio Wesleyan College.  I traced a tag shape on my postcard, cut it out and added some Tim Holtz vintage image tape on the left side and sticky ribbon across the top. I then cut out the door to the Art Hall and glued a colorful image in the opening, added a metal H, an arrow, brads and a tiny crown. It's finished off with a word cut out. Simple but still fun!

Please try to visit on the others who have signed up, and view and comment on their creations. We all love to have comments on something we put effort into! And if you want to visit my other blog for the Tuesday story, click here! I write a different story every Tuesday and always appreciate readers.

HAVE FUN!


14 comments:

  1. A wonderful sample from you and a clever challenge and a bit different on regular postcard themed challenges. Hmmm now I need to decide which postcard to pick!!
    Wishes
    Lynne M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the fun challenge this morning...I sure enjoyed seeing your great sample and knew then what postcard to use in/on my tag! You can find it here: http://diannsartspot.blogspot.com/
    Diann

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a nice theme and different from usual topics which makes it great. You used your embellishments in a unique way Rebbecca!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was really different and a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun Challenge! I enjoyed making this tag! Tee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you have a button or picture to add to the side bar?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea and I love your tag!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Rebecca, I really like all the elements you have on your postcard tag. Thanks for the fun and inspiration. XO Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. A wonderful challenge and the sample is fabulous, thanks a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like your tag, it's very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great tag, Rebecca! I love the idea of the theme, but it caused me a lot of thought. I would have liked a more 'complicated' postcard, but I had to make do. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your tag, Rebecca! I know that I am late with this entry, but I have been in the middle of Faerie Wishes Week on my blog. I have created 5--yes 5 postcard tags--I hope everyone enjoys them. Have a great weekend!
    XO
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Rebecca..
    Your tag looks wonderful. What a wonderful idea you have come up with.. I had a lot of fun with this.. THANK YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your tag are awesome. I love the charms you used especially the little crown. Great work and a very creative and fun theme. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete